- In this 2017 photo of the Louis Albert Daugherty Building, one can still see remnants of the past. Some of the original siding is still on the lower front part of the building. Photo from the author’s collection.
- Louis Albert Daugherty 1879 – 1942 Photo courtesy of the Molalla Area Historical Society
- In this 1913 street scene, the Molalla Paint store is well advertised offering Heath & Milligan paints, oil, brushes and wallpaper. It is located at 123 South Molalla Avenue. Photo courtesy of the Molalla Area Historical Society.
- Molalla Paint Store advertisement in the first Molalla Pioneer Newspaper, dated March 7, 1913.
- Ancestry.com: 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940 Census for Molalla, Oregon.
- “Charles Daugherty”, Portrait & Record of Portland, Chapman Publishing, 1903.
- “Daugherty Clan” by Otis Ray Daugherty, Mt Hood Genealogical Forum, June, 1960
- “L. A. Daugherty”, Morning Enterprise 1914 Anniversary Edition.
- Unnamed Historical Building #819, 123 S. Molalla Avenue, Molalla, Oregon
- Clackamas County Resource Study, 1989-1990
- Unrecorded interview with Wanda Daugherty, wife of Charles Daugherty, who died in 2016, and their son, Roger Daugherty. May, 2017