1859. Horace and Julia Ann Dibble immigrated to Oregon in 1852, and grew grain, apples, and made cheese on their farm. The Dibble house is a rare example of a saltbox house in Oregon. Restoration of the house began in 1969 and is now continuing under the direction of the MAHS. The house is structured of hand sawn posts and beams and the siding is hand sawn lapped boards. Four rooms on the ground floor have been restored to their original appearance. It is the primary building of the MAHS complex, the site of Molalla’s Apple Festival.
1864-1869. One of the few surviving plank houses in Oregon. The plain federal style house was built by a hired carpenter. It has a well preserved interior paint and wallpaper detail. Christian Frederick Vonder Ahe was an early settler and farmer in Clackamas County. He fled the politically unstable Prussia and journeyed westward to Oregon City working and saving along the way. The house was originally located halfway between Molalla and Oregon City by Mueller Road and HWY 213. The Carus post office was established in 1887 from this house. In 1972, to save the house and summer kitchen, the MAHS had it moved to its present location behind the Dibble House. It is owned by the Society.
1865. In the nineteenth century, many homes had separate buildings that were used as kitchens in the summer to help keep the main house cool during canning season, and during summer baking. Few survive today, because of the associated fire risk. The entire interior of this summer kitchen remains intact presenting a most unusual opportunity to observe at first hand a very tastefully coordinated scheme of wainscoting in alternating light and dark vertical tongue and groove boards, doors with dark painted rails and light panels, flowered wallpaper, and celling paper with elaborate boarder and corner trim. The kitchen is owned by the MAHS.
1925-1958. The building is combed brick in the Jacobethan style. The doors are Tudor compound arches of glazed terra cotta. Two medallions commemorating the Indians and statehood are located in transom of window to the left of the main entrance. It is 2.5 stories and a wing was added in 1958. The building was damaged in the 5.7 magnitude 1993 earthquake, and later razed. It was located on South Molalla Avenue where Fox Park is currently located. Some of the most iconic elements of the school are now part of the Ivor Davies Hall at MAHS.