Ivor Davies Hall
Ivor Davies Hall used for special events and meetings of society. This Hall also houses artifacts from the Molalla High School destroyed in the 1993 earthquake, along with other local history exhibits.
Ivor Davies Hall is located adjacent to the Dibble and Vonder Ahe houses. Displays on exhibit there include memorabilia from the Molalla Union High School, local Native American artifacts and arrowheads, Wilhoit Springs Resort display, an array of antique telephones from MCC, and a one room school house display featuring photos of the grades schools that fed into the old MUHS. It is also home to Ivor Davies' early 20th centurey toys, a twig rocking chair, and a pictorial history of this major donor to the building. It also serves as a special events and meeting facility. Built in 2003, it incorporates many materials from the unique architectural elements salvaged from the historic Molalla Union High School building that was demolished after the 1993 earthquake. The hall is available for use by groups and organizations for meetings or social events for a reasonable donation. It has a maximum capacity of 50 people.
The newest building that completes the Museum Complex is Ivor Davies Hall, which was built using architectural elements from the 1925 Molalla Union High School after it was razed following damage from the 1993 earthquake. The hall serves as a meeting place for the Historical Society and is available for community meetings and events. It also houses displays of Native American artifacts from the Molala and other local tribes, Wilhoit Springs Resort Memorabilia, early 20th century toys from the Ivor Davies estate, and a late 19th century schoolroom representation, with photos of most of the grade schools that fed in to Molalla Union High School.
The central grounds were hardscaped through a grant through the city of Molalla in about 2004, and the raised beds contain fragrant floral plantings and fruits such as gooseberry, quince and carnelian cherry, which are made into jellies and offered for sale in the Museum gift shop. The courtyard also features a cupola from MUHS with surrounding benches and herb beds. There are two apple trees shading the yard that predate the purchase by Horace Dibble in 1854 that still produce fruit every year.